When it comes to curly men, I can tell you that they like to keep it simple. Of course, there are always exceptions to the rules, but most men with textured hair want a simple hair routine.
This is what we recommend that our curly male clients do:
- Trim your curls. Keep your curls fresh by getting a men’s curly cut every 12 to 16 weeks. This will prevent knots and keep your curls tangle-free and healthy.
- Deep condition your curls regularly. Use a deep conditioner in the shower as often as possible, ideally once a week.
- Keep your routine simple. One or two styling products will do. Some men use a gel, some prefer a cream. This is a matter of preference. To keep it even simpler use a cream/gel product that offers both hydration and hold.
- Dry your curls after styling. If you have short hair air drying should be fine, but diffusing is a great option.
- Wear a satin bonnet to sleep. Protect your curls while sleeping to keep your curls looking defined and frizz-free.
For your best curls be patient, take your time, and consult with a curl expert for help.
For more tips and help with your curls follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok @texturecurlbar.
By: Jiolka Peralta
Texture Curl Bar – Hair Salon texturecurlbar.com 610-396-5189