While most students were beginning their summer vacations, a select group of students from the Reading and Muhlenberg School Districts continued their education at the 2023 Summer Career Camp at Reading Muhlenberg Career and Technology Center (RMCTC).
Eighth-grade students were eligible to apply for the camp that took place the week of June 12, 2023.
During the camp, students participated in eight different programs offered at RMCTC. The campers used state-of-the-art tools and equipment found in business and industry to create projects they took home each day. It was a busy week! Highlights include:
- “You on a Cereal Box!” in Advertising Design and Commercial Art
- “Pinewood Derby Test Track” in Automotive Technology
- “The Great Pyramids” in Bricklaying
- “Personal Pizzas” in Culinary Arts
- “Spinning Motors” in Electrical Technology
- “Canvas and Keychain Creations” in Painting and Decorating
- “Straight Outta Career Camp T-shirts” in Print Media Production
- “Animated Skittles” in IT Web Design
This year was the largest Career Camp RMCTC has ever had! Over 80 students attended and had the opportunity to tour the building, learn about the 31 different program offerings, and consider RMCTC as a future option when they enter high school. Team building, problem-solving skills, and collaboration were emphasized during the week as students from six different middle schools worked together to learn new skills. It was a great week together. RMCTC looks forward to seeing many familiar faces at our Open House on November 16, 2023.
Career Camp is generously funded through grant dollars via the Berks County Workforce Development Board.
Reading Muhlenberg Career & Technology Center
2615 Warren Road
Reading, Pa 19604
(610) 921 7300