Our curls are beautiful but let’s face it, the Summer can take a toll on them. As much as we want to protect them, it’s important to have balance and still enjoy ourselves in the warm summer months.
Here are some tips for you curlies to help you maintain your curls looking fresh and feeling healthy all Summer long.
- Wear a swimming cap when getting in the Swimming Pool. I recommend the swimming caps by You Go Natural. They are Satin lined and will protect your curls from the sun rays as well as the chlorine water. Check them out at www.yougonatural.com
- If you decide to swim without a swimming cap, prep your hair with a detangling spray before getting in the water. Ideally, use one that has UV and heat protection. This will help protect your curls from the heat. I recommend the 25 Miracle Milk by Mizani.
- Another option is to braid your hair before swimming.
- If you get into the water without any protection, use a clarifying shampoo to cleanse your curls deeply and remove the chlorine water after swimming. My favorite clarifying shampoo is Water Works by Ouidad.
- Lastly, I recommend getting a hair detox treatment to deeply cleanse the curls and a deep conditioning treatment to deeply hydrate the curls. We offer these treatments at Texture Curl Bar.
Let’s enjoy the Summer and keep our curls healthy and looking fresh!
For more tips and help with your curls follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok @texturecurlbar.
By: Jiolka Peralta
Texture Curl Bar – Hair Salon