Chiropractic therapy can also be beneficial for senior citizens! Older people suffer from arthritis, decreased flexibility, brittle bones, poor balance, and joint degeneration. A Chiropractor is a doctor specialized on the alignment of the spine, and it is considered one of the less invasive forms of care for these conditions.
Here are 5 ways Chiropractic care can enhance the lives of elderly patients:
- Flexibility and movement: Regular chiropractic visits could increase the range of motion for patients. Along with adjustments, chiropractors can recommend exercises and stretches.
- Pain relief: Back pain in elderly patients is often a result of osteoarthritis or spinal compression fractures. With age, bone density decreases, which can cause fractures to the bones during everyday tasks. Gentle spinal manipulation and massage can help ease the pain.
- Balance and coordination: Small receptors at the base of the cervical spine help your brain understand and communicate fully with all parts of your body, preventing falls, poor balance, poor posture and allowing effectiveness in getting up or walking.
- 4- Immune system and overall health: When the spine is properly aligned, it increases circulation which helps clean out toxins from the body.
- Quality of life: Chiropractic visits improve mood, increase energy levels, reduce stress, improve better sleep, reduce needs for medication.
Whether for preventive or pain relief treatment, elderly patients can benefit from regular chiropractic visits. Consult your Chiropractor today and start feeling better.
Dr. Thomas P. Canseco -Chiropractor
Fit Vida Chiropractic
4453 Penn Ave Sinking Spring, PA 19608