Can you remember when you first started your curly hair journey? For many of us this tends to be a confusing time as there is a wealth of information out there.
I can remember some of my biggest mistakes. I am going to list them so you can avoid them and make your journey as smooth and effective as possible.
- Mistake #1 – Not being patient. Transitioning takes time and dedication. It does not happen overnight. Give your hair and yourself time.
- Mistake #2- Not getting rid of damaged hair. A curly cut is a must for a successful transition. Do not make the mistake of hanging on to damaged hair, this will only make the transition process longer and harder.
- Mistake #3 – Not parting ways with heat tools. If you want healthy curls, you need to stop using the flat iron. Give your hair a break from blowouts and flat irons. While the hair is transitioning the less heat the better.
- Mistake #4 – Not using the correct products for your curls. No two curls are the same. You need to give your hair the right products or it will not work well. Not all products work for everyone.
- Mistake #5 – Coloring while transitioning. If your hair is weak and damaged and you want to transition, do not color it. Chemicals will only enhance the damage and set you back.
Be patient and your curls will look and feel amazing before you know it.
For more tips and help with your curls follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Tiktok @texturecurlbar.
By: Jiolka Peralta
Texture Curl Bar – Hair Salon