Have you ever wondered how Drag Queens transform their face from masculine to feminine? It’s not easy, by any means, but there are some key pieces that play a big part in it. Drag makeup is about an illusion and contouring and highlighting is the way we create those illusions. These are essential pieces of makeup that are needed to pull that type of look together:
- Foundation: Creates an even soft canvas for all the makeup. It also blends all the makeup together.
- Concealer: Is very important for bringing forth what you want to accentuate or hightlight.
- Contouring cream: Used to push things back, create sharpness and depth.
- Contouring powder: Intensifies the cream contour.
- Translucent face powder: Sets all the “wet” makeup and overall look to give a finished, polished look.
- Dramatic false lashes: Gives the eyes depth and drama.
- A glue stick: Used to glue down the eyebrows well. After they dry foundation and translucent powder are applied in order to disappear the existing brow in preparation for the new brow shape.
- Brow pencil: Used to draw on the new brows. The new brows should be dramatic, above the old ones, and shaped in a way that gives a lifted brow look.
- Lipstick and lipliner: Used to create a bigger, plumpier lip.
- Face lifting tape: Necessary for pulling the face back to create the illusion of a lifted face.
- A wig: Finishes the entire look and hides the lifting tape and massive contouring around the hairline.
Most importantly, layers upon layers of makeup are needed in order to pull the look off.
Follow me on Instagram and Facebook at Bella Face Artistry & Med Spa.