Stopping The COVID-19 Virus Is Going to Take All of Our Tools…
Your best protection from COVID-19 will be a combination of getting a COVID-19 vaccine, wearing a mask, staying at least 6 feet away from others, avoiding crowds, and washing your hands often. No one tool alone is going to stop the pandemic. You may have concerns about the safety of the vaccine. Below are important things to know about the COVID 19 Vaccine program from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
1. The safety of COVID-19 vaccines is a top priority.
2. COVID-19 vaccination will help protect you from getting COVID-19. Two doses are needed.
3. There is currently a limited supply of COVID-19 vaccine in the United States, but supply will increase in the weeks and months to come.
4. After COVID-19 vaccination, you may have some side effects. This is a normal sign that your body is building protection.
5. Cost is not an obstacle to getting vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wearing masks and social distancing help reduce your chance of being exposed to the virus or spreading it to others, but these measures are not enough. Vaccines will work with your immune system so it will be ready to fight the virus if you are exposed.
The combination of getting vaccinated and following CDC’s recommendations to protect yourself and others will offer the best protection from COVID-19.
Visit Berks Community Health Center’s website at www.berkschc.net or follow us on Facebook to stay informed on when we have vaccines available for you.
Berks Community Health Center