For the past few years, many Pennsylvanians have purchased private health insurance through the Federal Marketplace (healthcare.gov). Having health insurance gives you and your family peace of mind.
Here are some important things to know about Pennie:
- Pennie offers choices for medical and dental insurance, with financial assistance based on income, to all Pennsylvanians.
- The open enrollment period for getting insurance is November 1 through January 15.
- To buy insurance that starts on January 1, 2021, apply by December 15.
- If you already have used healthcare.gov, your account transferred to Pennie. There are instructions on activating your account on the Pennie website.
- Even if you are happy with the insurance you had last year, you should go to Pennie to learn about how to shop for insurance and compare your health insurance options.
- Berks Community Health Center offers free assistance with Pennie, either in person or by phone. You can get an appointment by calling (484) 772-4080.
- The BCHC insurance assisters can also help you apply for Medical Assistance if you qualify.
About Pennie: Pennie is Pennsylvania’s new state-affiliated health insurance marketplace created to reduce costs and better support the needs of customers purchasing health coverage. For more information, visit pennie.com or follow them on social at fb.com/PenniePA and Twitter.com/PennieOfficial.
Berks Community Health Center