- Raise your arm and bend it until your hand touches the opposite side of your back.
- Use your other hand and pull your elbow toward your head
Side (Lat) Stretch:
- Raise your arm to the maximum.
- Bend over to the opposite side
Arm / Shoulder Stretch:
- Interlace the hands raise them over your head with the palms towards the sky.
- Push with your arms up.
Shoulder and Chest Stretch:
- Clasp your hands behind your waist.
- Push your chest out and lift your chin.
- Clasp your hands in front of you and lower your head in line with your arms
- While sitting cross one leg over the other.
- With the opposite hand lean on the top leg creating rotation in the torso.
It is very important to hold the stretch for 10 to 30 seconds. Exhale while holding the stretch to increase flexibility. Frequent stretching will promote better blood flow to your joints and muscles.
People who work sitting all day or in the same position will begin to experience back pain and their posture will begin to deteriorate. These stretches are an effective way to maintain your blood flow and can relieve pain. An effective way to maintain health is to have a healthy diet and exercise regularly to avoid sedentary lifestyle.
*Always consult your doctor first.
Katy Ogando- Canseco
Fitness Virtual Coach