For people who want to be tested for COVID-19 Berks Community Health Center has a testing tent set up at 838 Penn Street in Reading for the community. You do not have to be a BCHC patient. It is simple, and we thought we’d share some information on how it works.
- Testing is by appointment only. For an appointment, call 610-988-4838, extension 2031.
- When you call, you’ll answer screening questions and register with personal and any insurance info. The provider will put the test order in our system.
- If you don’t have insurance, you can get a test. Quest Labs bills your insurance if you have it, but there are no insurance copays, deductibles or out-of-pocket fees for COVID-19 testing.
- When you come for the appointment, you will wait in a short, socially distanced line. Please make sure you wear a mask.
- When it is your turn, you’ll put your ID in a basket. A staff member will check and match it with your paperwork, which goes in your individual testing package.
- You do your own test! The staff will instruct you how to collect the test sample from your nose with a soft, short swab, and put the swab into the test container. You put the test sample into the package, the package into the basket, and you’re done!
- The whole process takes about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Results come back from Quest Labs in about 4 to 7 days. A member of our staff calls you with the results.
If you have questions about testing, please call BCHC at 610-988-4838, extension 2031.
Credit: Berks Community Health Center