What does an abundant life mean to you? The meaning of abundance itself refers to life in its abounding fullness of joy and strength for the mind, body, and soul.
Did you ever realize that attitude is everything? When you wake up with a positive attitude and a mentality that everything is going to be great that day, it doesn’t truly mean there will be no imperfections that day. It only means that you have decided to have a different perspective on anything negative that happens and this can really make or break your day or your life for that matter.
Here is a scenario: You wake up and say “today is going to be a good day”. However you go to get in your car and you noticed a flat tire, if you woke up with the bad attitude you will start saying things like “why does this always happen to me” “I can’t do anything right” “Now I will be late to work and the whole day has gone down the drain”. However; if you made up your mind that today is going to be a good day no matter what, you may do or say things such as: “Thank goodness my dad taught me to fix a flat” “Let me call work and let them know I’m running half-hour behind” “I guess I won’t have to deal with morning rush hour” etc. As you can see that those phrases are more positive and it’s all about the attitude. I noticed the differences in the attitudes of many people in the community during the pandemic. Some either rode with it while others went on social media every day to complain, complain, and complain. This is the difference in who truly lives and abundant life.
Here are some tips to help you live an abundant life:
- Have an abundance mentality…someone else’s gain is not your loss.
- Be grateful for what you have. …don’t lose what you have in order to learn to appreciate it.
- Smile….it will stimulate good things in you and it may help make someone else’s day.
- Start your days right…starting the day with positive thoughts and affirmations is key.
- Prepare yourself for opportunities…sometimes they are staring at you straight in the face.
- Build upon what you’ve built…remember that each step is a stepping stone.
Rosa Julia Parra,
CEO Palo Magazine