Summer is here and boy does it feel nice to be out and about again. This summer’s temperature appears to be showing signs of a scorcher, however, as scientists continue to work on a vaccine for COVID-19 we are still encouraged to protect ourselves and others from contracting coronavirus.
With that said, wearing a mask continues to be a wise idea. So what happens to women who want to wear makeup and still protect themselves with a mask?
Well, as I’m sure many know, summer is not a good time to pack on the makeup. Wearing too much makeup can make your skin look and feel terrible. Top that off with wearing a face mask and you have a recipe for a sweaty, pore-clogging disaster so it is imperative that you care for your skin properly. Here are some tips to keep your skin glowing during the hot, sweaty months:
- Cleanse your skin every day with a mild facial cleanser twice a day
- Exfoliate with an exfoliating cleanser a few times a week
- Wear Vitamin C daily
- Wear Sunscreen daily
- Use a lightweight moisturizer
- Treat acne as soon as it appears with a Salicylic Acid or Benzoyl Peroxide wash
- Wear minimal or lightweight makeup
- Do not touch your face without cleansing hands first
Stay safe and enjoy your summer!
Follow me on Instagram and Facebook at Bella Face Artistry & Med Spa.