With the pandemic in full effect, a lot of things remain uncertain and it feels like every day we receive new information. One thing that has been talked about in the beauty industry is how this pandemic will affect hair salons and the way they will operate in the future.
I’ve read several articles about hair salons preparing to re-open and the measures they will take to operate safely. Even though our region is still in lockdown it’s important to be prepared for what’s ahead.
These are some helpful tips I’ve gathered for when salons re-open:
- Wear a mask.
- Wash your hands once you get into the salon and avoid touching surfaces.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wear minimalistic clothing that you can easily change out of once you get home and wash them.
- Try to go to the salon with the least amount of personal items. If you can, leave your purse at home.
- Place your cell phone in a Ziploc bag.
- Do not bring food into the salon.
- Use a credit card or a mobile app to pay.
- After the service cover your hair with a satin scarf to protect your hair.
- Your stylist might suggest skipping the blow drier as blow driers spread air around.
- Avoid crowded salons and ask for an appointment.
- Feel free to call the salon before your appointment and ask them about the safety measures they are following to protect their clients.
It’s important to note that our hair is porous and therefore susceptible to things that live in the air. After being in public settings it is helpful to wash your hair and then keep it covered and protected.
For Curly Tips, help with your transition, and all things curly you can find me on YouTube as Jiolka D and on Instagram @jiolkad. Free the fro!
By: Jiolka Peralta