- 1 tbsp. GOYA® Corn Oil
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp. GOYA® Minced Garlic or 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1½ cups CANILLA® Long Grain Rice
- 1½ cups water
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) GOYA® Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp. thyme leaf
- 1 packet GOYA® Sazón without Annatto
- 1tsp. GOYA® Adobo with Pepper
- 1 can (15.5 oz.)GOYA® Small Red Beans or GOYA® Central American Red Beans , drained and rinsed.
- Step1: In saucepan, heat oil on medium. Stir in onion, pepper and garlic and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Step2: Add rice and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly. Stir in water. Stir in coconut milk, thyme, Sazon, and Adobo and bring to a broil. Stir in beans and return to a boil. Cover and lower heat to low. Simmer for 25 minutes. Stir every 5 or 10 minutes to avoid sticking.
- Step3: When rice is tender, remove from heat, fluff with a fork, cover and let rice sit for 5 minutes. Serve with desired main course.