Have you realized that on holidays we eat a lot more? With the excuse that we are celebrating, we really exceed ourselves. Do not be fooled by the holiday indulgence and throw away everything we have achieved during the year. Here are some small tips so you can survive the holidays, without feeling guilty and without compromising your progress or health goals.
- Maintain your healthy habits during the week. Eat as clean as possible and keep exercising.
- Controlling your food portions during the Holydays is crucial. Use the smallest plate to serve your food. Choose the protein (meats) and vegetables first, and then add the carbohydrates (rice, potatoes). Choose small portions and only what you really like and cannot resist.
- Avoid getting to the party hungry. Not eating all day is a serious mistake. It’s better to eat small portions during the day and save carbohydrates, calories, and fats to be consumed at the parties.
- If you make an event in your home do not keep the leftover food; give it away to your guests. Make dishes as healthy as possible. If you visit a place do not bring leftovers to your home with you.
- If you drink alcohol, drink 8 ounces of water between drinks. This will help you stay hydrated.
Enjoy the party, do not indulge until you feel that you are going to explode, but do not deprive yourself either. Enjoy the food that you like. Remember that the key is in the balance. Make your health a lifestyle, not a seasonal action.