A few weeks ago, on Instagram, I saw a publication by Hassam (famous Colombian comedian) reporting on his diagnosis of multiple myeloma cancer. It is a cancer of the plasma cells, initially, the person does not notice any symptoms and as it progresses, it can cause bone pain, bleeding, frequent infections, and anemia. This news surprised me a lot because I am his biggest fan and we are the same age. This led me to look for what kind of tools technology can give us to understand, support or diagnose cancer.
- Cancer.Net Mobile: includes features that help patients get up-to-date knowledge about more than 120 types of cancer, receive advice on how to manage side effects and connect to links for podcasts, cancer-related videos.
- Cancer Dictionary Free: provides instant access to cancer information in a quick reference guide to facilitate understanding of the terms of cancer.
- LivingWith ™: Support against cancer and provides useful features that help control life with cancer. It allows creating a circle of support or daily affirmations to be inspired every day.
- Chemo Brain: Chemotherapy produces important memory lapses and this application is designed to help patients with medication reminders, appointments, questions for the doctor and thoughts about side effects, among other features.
- SkinVision: helps to analyze the skin for cancer through a photo of the affected part. After a few minutes, it returns results on the phone that provides a possible diagnosis.
- Butterfly iQ: personal ultrasound system consisting of a portable device and an application that allows you to scan the body and take pictures at a reasonable price. I included this because of a doctor self-diagnosed throat cancer with this portable device.
As you can see, there are good initiatives to help during different stages, I hope this list helps someone find help during their difficult times. And for Hassam I hope he can overcome his cancer and can continue to share his creativity and humor for a long time.
Hasta la proxima,