Relax and Renew with Millie
Microblading is a hot trend right now so more and more people are opting for this procedure. Microblading is a technique done with a handheld tool where a pigment is implanted under the skin in tiny hair-like strokes mimicking real brow hairs. It is considered a tattoo because permanent makeup is implanted under the skin. It started as hair-like strokes or microfeathering and more recently the new technique is in a microshading style better known as Ombré. The ombré effect makes the brows look like they are shaded with makeup such as the brow trend you see being used by makeup artists. When done properly, it can turn out beautifully. It’s when proper research isn’t done or when looking for cheaper versions that the problem comes in. For that reason, it is imperative that you research the procedure, company, and person doing it. Just because someone is certified and trained doesn’t mean that they know what they are doing. I’ve seen brows gone wrong because the technician does not have the proper training. A good tech and its company should:
- Have a tattoo or cosmetology license to ensure proper training
- Offer consultations prior to treatment
- Assess the client for allergies and contraindicated conditions
- Have first aid and blood borne pathogen training
- Practice sterile technique and use single use blades with sterile handles
- Know how to disinfect instruments and surfaces between clients
- Have treatment rooms that smell and look clean
- Carry insurance
For more information or to get a professional makeup or aesthetic session contact us at 484-794-0120 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook at Bella Face Artistry& Med Spa.