Sounds like a silly question, huh? “Fun” is one of my favorite words; it always seems to bring a smile to my face, an ease over my spirit, and eagerness to my will. However, we easily get trapped being “busy” and as the days turn into weeks, the weeks into months, and the months into your life… we can lose our definition of “Fun”. I call it the “Clark Griswold” Effect! You work for a living, trade your time for dollars, you’re “busy” like everyone else, your kids have schedules… and their phones, and your partner is just as “busy” as you. Sound familiar? Clark W. Griswold, from the National Lampoon Vacation movies, always had a vision in his head of what “Fun” looked like and always became hilariously unraveled because nothing ever worked out the way he saw it or wanted it! So, let’s look at “Fun” in all roles you play as a Person, Partner, Parent, Professional!
We have 4 options for how to look at “Fun” and I’d like to end with a life-tip for you to have even more “Fun”! It’s important to note, no one option is better than the other. There are positives and negatives to most everything and if I were you, I’d use them all!
- Option 1: You plan your “Fun”. This makes sense; you are busy with work, Have-To’s of the day, the kids, etc… you plan date-nights, vacations, time with friends, staycations, etc. Although not spontaneous, these scheduled times are important for you and your relationships with other “busy” people that need to schedule as well.
- Option 2: You are a naturally Zen-Type person and find your “Fun” and peace in all you do. Awesome for you and I encourage you to find the positives, peace, and joy in what you do and wherever you are. Remembering, all you do in a day and in life is YOUR choice. This provides peace and, for me, an internal obligation to enjoy. Somedays may be harder than other… but, you chose it (your partner, your job, to have children, etc.) … so, enjoy it!
- Option 3: You’ve been so busy, you’ve forgotten what “Fun” is for YOU? This happens because “Busy” happens, you’ve dedicated your life to it, and the definition of fun can change. What was fun as a teen is not what may be fun for you in your 20’s, then 30’s. “Fun” may change again in your 40’s and up…. And its OK, as long as you keep up on “Fun” and not become a victim of “Busy”!
- Option 4: You know what “Fun” is for you, but unaware or unwilling to respect what “Fun” is for the people closest to you. Our willingness to meet the deepest need of another will provide a sense of joy and fun rarely experienced.
Below are some questions that will allow you to EVOLVE your “Fun”!
- What is your vision and definition of “Fun”?
- What is your vision and definition of “Fun” as a couple? Do you know your partner’s answer?
- What is your vision and definition of “Fun” as a parent? Do you know your partner’s answer? Your kid’s?
- What is your vision and definition of “Fun” at your job and professionally? Do you know your employee’s answer?
“Fun” is up to you. It may come easy to you or you may have forgotten what it means for you, but “Fun” is up to you to have, experience, and enjoy! We only get one go-round at this thing called life… if you are not having fun in your life, at your job, and in your relationships it may be time to reflect, answer the questions above, and begin to make the necessary changes to EVOLVE your life. Start big, start small, just start. If you’ve forgotten what “Fun” or “Happy” feels like, it may take time. Do you feel at peace when you are doing what you are doing? Are you around the type of people you’d prefer to be with? Are you giving in your relationships… what they need most, not what’s easiest for you to give? Are you consistently and daily putting one foot in front of the other toward your dreams? Be consistent in these and “Fun” will begin to happen!
Happy Evolving and download my app, YEN Push, to your iPhone… remember to allow notifications for my daily life-enrichment! Become a Member of You Evolving Now today with all of my Personal Growth, Relationship Growth, and Lifestyle Enhancement Packages today at www.youevolvingnow.com